Oxford International Study Centre is situated in the very centre of Oxford, surrounded by the Colleges of the University. OISC is accredited by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (grade 1 in all categories : “outstanding”), and has UKVI Tier 4 Status. We are also members of StudyUK, COBIS (Council for British International Schools) and associate members of the European Council of International Schools.
The Directors are Robert Marsden MBA, FCA (Eton College and INSEAD) , and Carolyn Llewelyn MA, who graduated from St. Anne’s College, University of Oxford, in Modern and Medieval Languages. They have both worked in international education for over twenty years.
The teachers at OISC are from leading universities, including Oxford and Cambridge.
OISC provides high quality year round and short programmes, including:
- Short, bespoke training programmes (usually in the University) for professional men and women, including teachers and educational managers.
- English Language (IELTS,TOEFL,Cambridge exams).
- ALevel, (I)GCSE, IB, Abitur and other international examinations
- Preparation for Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell group universities.
- Excellent contacts with the University, enabling students and clients to be taught in and live in the Colleges of the University in the vacations.
- Preparation for British Boarding Schools.
- A high level of pastoral care for students, including personal tutors and regular reports.
Other relevant information:
- OISC runs Foundation programmes for several British Universities;
- There is a very wide range of subjects available
- The programmes would be bespoke to meet the requirements of the overseas partner.
- Experience of working with teacher groups (as well as student groups) is extensive;
- The programme could include certain lectures in the University here in Oxford
- At certain times of year eg summer, students would be taught in the University
- Participants over 17 years could join the Oxford University student union and debating society (www.oxford-union.org)
Contact Oxford International Study Centre
Oxford International Study Centre
7, St Aldates,
Oxford OX1 1BS