Iran University of Medical Sciences (IUMS) initially was established as a medical center in August 1973. Initial planning of the University in 1974 lasted less than 2 years and began with the establishment of the library, by gathering several thousands of scientific journals and books in different fields of medical sciences. Due to its direct communication via satellite with the American Medical Information Center, it was considered as a one of the most important medical education centers at international level.
Educational activities were commenced in 1976 with the only affiliated hospital Iran-shahr Clinic (Shahid Rahnemon Hospital). Thereafter, the School of Nursing and Allied Medicine was established in undergraduate and graduate levels. Three more undergraduate majors in (Blood Banking, Radiology and Laboratory Sciences) were also added to the program. The center was officially taken by the Ministry of Health and Medical Education in 1989.
Currently, the institution operates as Iran University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, one of the largest medical and educational complexes in the country. With 40 years background, 810 faculty members and more than 6500 students, IUMS is considered as one of the main universities of medical sciences in the country. IUMS operates ten schools, twenty -seven research centers, two institutes, and ten training and seven non-training hospitals in Tehran, which are run by the Board of Trustees and Administrative Office.
IUMS operates with 10 schools, one International Campus, thirty research centers, two institutes, thirteen teaching and fifteen non-teaching hospitals in the capital of Tehran.
Accreditation and Memberships
- Iran Ministry of Health & Medical Education
- ASIC UK Accredited
- International Association Universities(IAU)
- World Health Organization(WHO)
- Erasmus Mundus(MARHABA)
- Training staff in order to secure, maintain, and promote the health of society
- Treating and providing health services for society
- Establishing an international presence in educational and research services
- Maximizing customer satisfaction
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Cooperation with affiliated organizations to improve the quality of educational and research services
- Creating new ideas for treatment and health programs
- Using professional and ethical standards in all educational and research activities
- Gaining domestic and foreign customer satisfaction
For More Information
Tel: +982186709 Address: Hemmat Highway, Tehran, 14496-14535, IRAN, P.O.Box: 14665-354